The American Civil Liberties Union led the list of highest gainers, with their pledge total jumping from an estimated $218,700 to $1,090,500 – a gain of almost 400 percent. Here is a list of the top 10 gainers:
- American Civil Liberties Union Foundation
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- Diabetes Charities of America
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- Postal Employees Relief Fund
- Sierra Club Foundation
- National Park Foundation
- Women In Military Service For America Memorial Foundation
It is reasonable to argue that seven of the 10 attracted substantially greater support in the 2016 CFC due to the desire of donors to support their work during an upcoming Trump administration.
Read highlights of our report on the 2016 CFC here.
In our next post, we will report on some of the biggest losers in the 2016 CFC.