Below are highlights:
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital received the highest pledge total: an estimated $7,097,200.
- American National Red Cross was in second place with an estimated $2,103,800.
- Doctors Without Borders held third place, receiving an estimated $2,025,200.
The rest of the top 10 were:
4. Wounded Warrior Project - $1,814,200
5. Planned Parenthood Federation of America - $1,707,400
6. Fisher House Foundation - $1,576,300
7. American Cancer Society - $1,521,500
8. Catholic Relief Services USCCB - $1,319,700
9. American Civil Liberties Union - $1,127,600
10. ASPCA - $1,104,400
Our annual pledge figures are based on a substantial sample of results sent to us by administrators of the campaign around the country.
While Wounded Warrior Project received pledges totaling $1,814,200, that figure was down more than 50 percent from a year earlier, and it slipped from second place to fourth. Two other high performing groups with “Wounded Warriors” in their name saw sharp drops as well. We suspect that the negative press experienced by Wounded Warrior Project undermined the power of this brand.
Get the 2017 Million Donors Choose Report