1. 2020 CFC “Charity Spotlight” audio series. Charity Spotlight is an opportunity for you to speak virtually to Federal employees throughout the 11 CFC zones managed by Kaptivate. Here’s how it works:
- Record a staff member, volunteer, or beneficiary from your organization sharing an inspirational audio message (Zoom is an easy, free way to do this). See speech guidelines below. Mp4 files are preferred, but Zoom recordings (with passcode!) will work.
- Complete This Form which includes an opportunity to upload your audio file or submit your Zoom cloud recording link (with passcode)
- Kaptivate reviews the audio recording and places it on our zone websites and in our YouTube channel
- Federal employees can listen to your organization’s speech in a CFC meeting, on a lunch break, during their commute, while out walking/jogging, etc.
- Keep remarks under 10 minutes (they won’t penalize you for being a little over, but remember that most people have a short attention span)
- Introduce yourself and your organization—people want to know who they’re listening to!
- Please refrain from mentioning your specific 5-digit code. Again, this is not a commercial for your organization. However, they do intend to list your charity name and CFC # on the title of your video.
- Speak to the importance of giving/philanthropy in general. Remember, you don’t just represent your own organization but ALL CFC charities. This should NOT be a 10-minute infomercial for your organization. They reserve the right NOT to post your speech if they feel your talk is too self-promotional.
- Share a story. Tell us about an individual or family who benefited from charitable giving. Illustrate how a life/lives were changed thanks to someone who cared.
- Thank the listener and encourage them to give to a cause of their choice with the CFC.
2. Charity Cause Talks. Going along with the CFC Causes of the Week, Kaptivate is providing an opportunity for your to speak “live” (via Zoom) to an audience of Federal employees, and they will record and post your talk on our zone web pages. The guidelines for Cause Talks are the very same as the Charity Spotlight above. Please visit the Events Calendar and sign up for the Cause Talk that mostly closely aligns with the mission for your organization. Note that there are separate signups for local charities and national/international charities.
Here is a schedule:
November 6, 2020: Ending Hunger, Human Rights & Poverty
November 13, 2020: Medical Research & Arts/Culture
November 20, 2020: Education & Military Support
December 4, 2020: Children/Family Services & Public Safety
December 18, 2020: Global Health & Housing/Shelter
January 8, 2021: Faith-Based & Environmental Protection
January 15, 2021: Mental Health & Animal Welfare
The registration deadline for most of these is one week prior, except for the first one, which is Nov. 1.